Wednesday 25 January 2017

Winter sun rising over Mount Maunganui beach




As most of us do on occasion, tonight I was trolling through my archives and found this shot of the early morning sun rising over Mount Maunganui beach. I think I must've taken this on my way to work around 7.30ish.

The steps are one of many located along the length of the road linking up to the beach and in the background I think is Rabbit Island, the only way you can get out there is by boat or swimming quite a distance.

Linking up with Wordless Wednesday and Wednesday around the world :-)

14 comments:

mick said...

Great early morning photo and it is easy to imagine it cool and fresh!

Buckeroomama said...

Sunrises are just awesome, aren't they?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty sunrise and view. Lovely photo. Enjoy your day!

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Amy,
A wonderful view over the beach. Great!!

Greetings, Marco

Fun60 said...

A beautiful sunrise Amy.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

We get sunsets at the beach here. I've longed to see the sun rise up from the sea. Lovely WW. Thank you for sharing.

Wayne said...

What a beautiful shot, I could use a nice warm beach sunrise right about now.

Molly said...

what a beautiful view and Rabbit Island sounds interesting

mollyxxx

NatureFootstep said...

it is made for a morning stroll :)

carol l mckenna said...

Awesome photo ~ nature captured so well ~ thanks,

Wishing you a Wonderful Week ~ ^_^

Handmade Jewelry Haven said...

This is quite peaceful.
I discovered your blog on Wordless Wednesday and look forward to exploring your blog in the coming days.
Hope you can come visit my blog also!
- Lisa

Mandy said...

Beautiful sunrise!

Rhonda Albom said...

Great photo. Sunrises and sunsets are my favourite landscapes.

Photo(Geo)grapher said...

Lovely sunrise photo.

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...