Tuesday 16 June 2015

Tis the season for citrus and colds


Yesterday I was out and about with the other half getting out of the house and we stumbled across a tree laden with Mandarins - because it was on a property owned by the company he works for we were able to pick a few to take home with us and enjoy for morning tea. Because it's winter here right now citrus fruit are coming into season including lemons and oranges.


Something else in season right now are Camellias - this one I spotted next to the Mandarin tree, so nice to see some colours at this time of year. As for me I'm stuck with the flu at the moment and had to rebook a job interview I had for today to next week so I hope the rest of you have a great day :-)

For more Our World Tuesdays click here :-)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Daniel is enjoying easy to peel Mandarins as part of his school lunches :)
that flower is beautiful
hope you get better soon xxx

Pauline said...

I hope you get better soon. Two of the family on the farm are down with colds, so I'm saying my prayers it stays away from me. You need to find a lemon tree now!

Photo Cache said...

My orange trees bear fruits all year round. Idk anymore what season they're supposed to fruit.

Worth a Thousand Words

Laura said...

What a beautiful series, full of sunshine!

Anonymous said...

For me orange and yellow stand for summer ;-) !
greetings, Hilde

Wayne said...

Hope you get better soon, all the vitamin c should help.

eileeninmd said...

It would be nice to have the citrus trees so close to home. I love the blossom. I hope you feel better soon! Enjoy your week ahead!

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the idea of eating oranges straight from the trees!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Yum, mandarins. Citrus are popping on our side of the hemisphere, too. I used to think of them growing in cool temperatures. Best wishes on feeling well soon.
Take 25 to Hollister

Sharon Wagner said...

It's always nice to get an interesting blog visit from the other side of the world. Thank God it's Summer here in Minnesota.

Molly said...

ewww... germs, how annoying. Hope you feel better soon

Mollyxxx

Rhonda Albom said...

Sorry to read about your flu, but hopefully the mandarins will fix you up. I didn't know Camellias were in season. Oddly, I noticed ours today, and was surprised to see them flowering now.

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...