Wednesday 8 April 2015

Easter weekend at Orere Point Beach


This last weekend I was fortunate enough to spend time at Orere Point beach which is about 2/12 hours from here just out of Auckland. For the first day it was somewhat overcast and rainy as you can see from the above shot.


Seems there was a fishing competition on this particular morning of my walk along the beach. This boat was coming in and I saw in their chilly bin later on they had some very nice sized snapper.


A second boat came in just as it was beginning to rain. As it poured I stood beneath some pohutukawa trees to shelter and then 10 mins later the sun was out.

So how did you spend Easter weekend?

For more Wednesday around the world click here :-)

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Spending Easter at the beach looks like fun! Wonderful photos!! Enjoy your week ahead!

Pieni Lintu said...

Sounds great!

CountryMouse said...

That sounds like a good place to spend the Easter weekend. I spent it at home and work. I really like the last pic.

Unknown said...

I like your 2nd shot best :)

Anonymous said...

nice pictures! and the grey clouds gives them a bit a dramatic view!

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...