Wednesday 13 August 2014

Wednesday around the world - High in the Sky







Last Summer I was invited by a friend and his paragliding club to take part in a photo shoot at our local surf beach. I wasn't aware there was a trek at this particular location so it was quite a surprise when I reached the top after about 10 mins. It was a scorching hot day, I had loads of sunblock on and there were quite a few people up there in the air floating about - it's very high, not my sort of adrenaline rush I'm afraid. I'm the sort of person who likes my feet on the ground taking photos with my camera - believe me I didn't go anywhere near the edge of the cliff...



That's my Wednesday around the world for this week, to take part you can go to Betty's Blog :-)

10 comments:

Elisa LPP said...

Beautiful beach ♥

Amy said...

thank you - it's 5 mins from where I live :-)

Mascha said...

That is fun, wish, I could fly...

Amy said...

I dont lol, heights scare me...

Pieni Lintu said...

That would be so cool!!!

Buckeroomama said...

I love that pop of red against the blue of the sky. There's a bluff here where we get to see plenty of paragliders take off. Yeah, I'd rather be a spectator, too.

you-wee because said...

Next weekend my sweetheart and I are going to visit friends in tne southeast of Germany, but the weekend thereafter we may travel to the beaches in front of your door... :-)
What do you think? Who long does it take to travel from Germany to NZ???? And will we be back in time on Sunday evening????
I have to rethink my travel plans...
Uwe.

Mike said...

I would love to try that. That IS my kind of fun :)


Iowa Voice

Molly said...

That looks like something my daughter would love but for me, well I like to keep my feet firmly on the ground

Mollyxxx

betty-NZ said...

Thanks for joining the party this week! Like you, I prefer to keep my feet on the ground but admire those who are brave enough to do this sort of thing.

Pavement

  A neat and tidy pavement lined alleyway/shopping area in Paihia. Linking up with  Weekend Reflections   and the  Weekend Roundup .