Friday, June 26, 2015

Winter skies over Tawharanui


Last winter I was playing around with the panorama function on my cellphone and happened to catch this awesome photo of a place I use to spend alot of time at - the Tawharanui Peninsula is just north of Auckland and is an amazing place to enjoy the scenery and do some fishing, both surf casting and out in a boat. This shot of stormy skies reflecting on the water in the low tide over the patterns on the sand is a glimpse of what winter in New Zealand is all about - days hibernating inside and seeing sights like this.

For more Skywatch Fridays click here :-)

14 comments:

  1. You seem to own the place at that time. What a lovely place for meditation.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. What a great capture Amy. love the soft pastel light and color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is a remarkable shot. I am always finding photos on my cell phone that I forgot that I took.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pano shot, Amy! Looks like the tide really goes out a long ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty scene and sky. A great pano shot. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image! I love Tawharanui and you captured it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful place. You are happy to be able to visit it as often as you like. I could have lots of fun there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely Amy! beautiful skie and such a peaceful atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love Tawharanui, although I don't head there very often, and have never been in the winter. One of my girls did a Duke of Ed hike there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful scenery... Reflection of the stormy skies is amazing...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...