The Ship and Anchor


Another of the restaurants we ate at while we were in Orewa last week was this one - The Ship and Anchor along one of the main streets in town. It had been raining all morning so we managed to get out just as it was starting to ease up. We were one of the few people in there at this point. 


One of the murals on the wall behind our table - I'm thinking it's paying homage to the country's early trading ships and settlers.


I'm a huge seafood fan so I ordered Garlic Butter Prawns with salad on the side - a perfect meal.


The bar area with 1 of 2 televisions on the wall screening Sky Sports - the owners must be cricket fans.



One of the other murals next to the bar area featuring the ocean and sealife.


Of course I had to order a cocktail with my meal  - this one is an espresso martini.

Linking up with  Mural MondayMosaic Monday and Blue Monday.

Comments

Tigger's Mum said…
That place looks so open and light. I love natural light and that would be a place to enjoy the food (and cocktails).
Tigger's Mum said…
PS - who looks after your cat friends while you are away?
s.c said…
It looks al yummi. Now some more people inside.
Tom said…
...this is a beautiful place.
local alien said…
Those murals are a wonderful backdrop to a good meal. Garlic butter prawns, yes please
Fun60 said…
Your meal sounds delicious.
Bill said…
The place looks inviting with a nice name for it.
Mae Travels said…
It’s so lovely when diners or small restaurants have murals painted on their walls. I know of quite a few such places. These look really nice.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Cloudia said…
I enjoyed my visit to this nice restaurant. Thank you Aloha
roentare said…
Great sea food dish. Garlic prawns look so nice to taste.
kwarkito said…
a beutiful frescoe for this restaurant
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
I love the feel of the restaurant. Very open and great light. Your meal looks great. I shall have to try an espressor martini!!
Marja said…
I didn't know where Orewa was but found out that it is a suburb of Auckland. Haven't been to Auckland yet (except on the airport) One day. Love the mural It is quite detailed and love that it covers the whole wall. The other one is nice as well and the food looks delicious
magiceye said…
Wonderful murals and delicious food and cocktail! Cheers and bon apetit!
Angie said…
Amy - I think we would get on - I love a good cocktail! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! Have a great week!
Iris Flavia said…
A very family-like place.Beautiful murals and if I was into seafood... this looks yummy. And healthy!
What a charming mural and delicious looking food and drink.

Bipolaroid said…
Place looks mighty fine. And so does the food. Coffee cocktail sounds good too.
Sami said…
Nice looking restaurant and I like both murals. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Amy.
Garlic prawns would have been my choice too :)
EricaSta said…
It looks delicious ... And I love the seaside. There are many other interestings things here to see, to read. I enjoyed your post.

Thank you for sharing and being part at
MosaicMonday.

Have a wonderful week.
Greetings by Heidrun
Lydia C. Lee said…
The tv shot is very blue with the mural and the players! Ha! #BlueMonday