Tuesday 11 April 2023

Things of yesteryear


Sometimes when I venture into op shops it can be a bit dangerous. Recently in Reefton we popped into the local traders and I spotted this rather old vacuum cleaner. Can't say I'd buy it but I do wonder how good of a job it use to do compared to today's modern ones?



I did however buy this little Choysa tea caddy which probably was part of a promotion once upon a time. It now stores my teabags in it and will be perfect in my new kitchen.


Not many people know I have an obsession with vintage hats so when I managed to buy this one online made of faux fur - I was very pleased. I will definitely be wearing it in Winter.

Linking up with Through my lensRuby TuesdayTuesday TreasuresMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

15 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very retro.

NCSue said...

It's fun to explore places like this - brings back memories!
Thanks for joining us this week at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/04/beautiful-quilts.html

magiceye said...

The hat looks good on you too!

Veronica Lee said...

I agree with magiceye - the hat looks fantastic on you.

Hugs and blessings, Amy.

local alien said...

Nice hat! It reminds of the one I had to wear to church almost 60 years ago. Vintage indeed lol

s.c said...

Indeed dangerous those visits by always nice.

roentare said...

I have an affinity towards aged items too

Tigger's Mum said...

Excellent selfie. F is dangerous in those sort of shops, so we keep her away from them. Enjoy your new hat.

Sharon said...

I love your new hat! It looks great on you. I'm beginning to believe that all old appliances work better than the modern ones.

Bill said...

I agree with Sharon. The old appliances were made to last. Some new ones begin having problems right away. Love your new hat, it looks great on you.

Pisi Prkl said...

Well hello Amy! Nice to see you. You look nice and you have a friendly face.

I´m gonna post a selfie from yesterday later today. I look way better compared to the hospital selfie I posted while back. Maybe you wanna check it out?

Tom said...

...you look lovely with that hat!

At Home In New Zealand said...

The hat looks great on you. You would have loved op shops in the early eighties as they were full of hats in those days - I used to buy them for the kids' dress-up box! :)

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

Good old times

The Happy Whisk said...

Looking super duper cute in your new hat!

Cafe

  Here in New Zealand there is a big South African community in various towns and cities. This one in Hokitika sells mostly products like Bi...