Sunday 6 November 2022

Kites


This mural on a utility box is a few steps up from my house. It shows kites flying over the snow topped mountains painted by Fi Ginivan.


So we've had a busy week. Apart from moving I've been going through old boxes I haven't opened in a few months and discovered so much stuff that I haven't missed and probably don't need anymore. On Friday last week we ended up having to get a lawn-mowing contractor to come and mow the lawns as it seemed the previous tenants who lived here hadn't mowed the grass for what looks like a few months. They were nearly a foot long and even Bruno had trouble seeing anything when he was outside. Now it all looks so much better.

Linking up with Mural Monday.

9 comments:

roentare said...

A nice graffiti on the utility box.

local alien said...

It sounds wonderful to be setting up your new home inside and out. I remember when we moved every couple of years when K was in the Navy. I'd get rid of so much stuff we just never used. I can imagine what you have stored in boxes. But you get rid of it and then just acquire more lol

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful mural and also yay for getting rid of stuff you didn´t even miss so long!
Oh, wonderful garden - plans on what to do with it?

Tom said...

...I haven't flown a kite in years.

Bill said...

Nice mural on the small utility box.

William Kendall said...

Very colourful. I still have boxes from the last move I haven't opened yet.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Hope you are having fun sorting everything out! It always takes a few months to settle in, but sounds like you are doing well :)

Sami said...

Very pretty mural.
I have boxes in the garage that haven't been relocated to the house,and I can't even remember what is inside them! Which means we don't need that stuff any more!
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Amy.
Good luck with settling into the new house.

Anonymous said...

I love the vibrancy of the subject and the colors! It's interesting that the trend of turning the utility boxes into works of art is catching up in several places.I find some where I live too. It is so much nicer than the grey boxes. You can see one I found, here:
https://flightsofthesoul.wordpress.com/2022/10/01/treasure-hunt/

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...