Thursday 3 November 2022

French Croissants and Coffee


I'm a huge fan of croissants and coffee. When I saw these signs in Russell 2 years ago I had to take a photo just to remember the beautiful sunny summer's day. They are advertising the little coffee house at Pompallier House, where the first printery in the country was back in the 1800s. It was also a tannery and home to the missionary belonging to Bishop Jean Baptiste Pompallier.

Halloween came and went for us, we had one trick or treater and my daughter R gave the little girl all the lollies we had so the look of awe and surprise was worth it. We have moved into the new house and are just focussing on unpacking, the dust from the boxes has given me a sinus infection but hopefully I will be back at work tomorrow.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's signs. 

15 comments:

Bill said...

Great location for this shop. Best views of the bay has a nice ring to it.

Tom said...

...I would go for the view of the bay.

roentare said...

The sign looks fantastic as it is what I look for in every morning for breakfast. The sky is quite pleasant too

At Home In New Zealand said...

Unfortunately, the cafe was closed when I visited there. I loved the little village though, and would happily visit again if I ever get the opportunity.

magiceye said...

Would love to spend some time there!

Sharon said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but the croissant sound like a great idea.

Iris Flavia said...

One girl for Halloween, sounds familiar ;-)
Hope you are fit again soon.
I think I know nobody who does not love croissants!

Iris Flavia said...

One girl for Halloween, sounds familiar ;-)
Hope you are fit again soon.
I think I know nobody who does not love croissants!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Fresh pastries, coffee, and a view of the bay. Perfection!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I love a good view

Jim said...

Yummy.

William Kendall said...

I've had sinus infections. Not fun to deal with.

Light and Voices said...

Croissants, coffee and a good book to read would be nice to enjoy at that site you posted. Sending thoughts and prayers that the sinus infection will go away soon. We only had six trick or treat at our home.

Pisi Prkl said...

Fresh pastries and coffee in that surrounding. Hard to beat that.

Hope you didn´t loose (m)any of your stuff while moving.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Coffee, French pastries, views of the beach. Sign me up!!

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...