Thursday 28 April 2022

Somebody's Treasures


 I walked through this scene with B and the kids when we stopped in Murchison. It was quite a chilly 10 degrees and the locals that we talked to remarked on how I had a t-shirt on - well I don't feel the cold much so I explained where we were from (the far north where it is much warmer). In front of this second hand shop there were 2 veterans selling poppies in preparation for ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand Army Corps) so we donated all the coins we had and wore a poppy each.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's Signs.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...yep, someone's trash is someone's treasures!

William Kendall said...

Good to get the poppy.

Tigger's Mum said...

Junk and disorderly

Iris Flavia said...

Good sign, so true, but weeee.... Just saw a man in a t-shirt yesterday and thought, yep, wearing a t-shirt, too. Plus a jumper and a jacket!!! ;-)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I remember when I was a kid selling poppy's for Veterans Day was a common thing. I never hear about it any longer in the US.

Bill said...

Love the name of the second hand shop. Weird to read that up north it is warmer, it's usually the other way around. :)

Fun60 said...

Good to support the poppy sellers. It's a big thing here in November when most people buy and wear a poppy.

Jim said...

Great shot.

Klara said...

haha, that's how Belgians behave - they see some sun and here they are - summer outfits, no matter the temperature. mind you - not me - the southerner ;-)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I enjoy looking around in stores like this!

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations! I like to look at second hand stores. You never know what you can find there. Plus you can learn about antiques they each have their stories. People are already wearing shorts here in Illinois. I am still wearing my winter jacket with hood. LOL! To each their own.

Ms. Donyarific said...

I like going to flea market stores, excited to find anything from history. I call it a treasure hunt. Lovely skies, a great day to be out! Happy Friday!

Emporium

  One of Napier's main streets in town Napier is one of those old town's that has been reconstructed with art deco buildings due to ...