Saturday 28 March 2020

The beat goes on...


We are finally moved in and are gradually unpacking in bits and pieces, no point stressing. Now that we are at the new property we are basically staying put until the other half starts work next week and I have a job interview at my old workplace. We've had no internet for the last 2 days but it's been quite nice not having the distraction of it other than that  we can't go for nature walks, can't go sight seeing, can't explore new places, can't do much at all but it's for the best really.


Our Coronavirus count has gone up to 451 as of today and mostly spready by kiwis coming back from overseas and a few tourists here and there but I suspect there will be more of people who weren't tested who were no doubt self isolating at home. Sadly there are still some other people though who are out and about, swimming at beaches, going for unimportant walks and drives - these people concern me as we are all meant to be in lockdown only going out if it's absolutely necessary.

Anyway hope you are all ok, I will go blog visiting later today until then I'll get back to opening a few more boxes...

11 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Good luck at your new place. What a time to move!! Here in the US, the president has refused to lead and so its everybody for themselves. Here in Oklahoma, the governor would rather sponsor prayer meetings and so the various mayors and such are trying to do the right thing. So it is a really big mess as you can tell from the stats.

local alien said...

Thank goodness the move is over. I was wondering where you were now. Have fun settling in.

Graham Edwards said...

I'm glad that you are "settled" again. All moves in the UK have been discouraged but the chaos that is causing is considerable. I've moved so few times in my life that I can't even begin to imagine a move at this stage in my life. Stay safe. And thanks for adding Arohonui to my vocabulary.

Sharon said...

Glad you got moved. Good luck with the unpacking. At least you have plenty to do while at home.

Bill said...

Glad the move went well for you. Good luck with the interview but they know you so it should go fine.
Take care and stay safe!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Those sights will be there for you in the future Amy, at least this will give you time to unpack and settle in. I agree though, there are some that are still not doing the right thing, there always are! Enjoy your new home, exciting!

Lachezar said...

Looks like a beautiful place! Going round the block in Auckland is not fun...
Stay safe!

At Home In New Zealand said...

So happy you got moved okay. Have fun unpacking and getting things sorted out. Mxx

NatureFootstep said...

You seem to have ended up in a nice place. And the move went smoothly.
The corona virus is everywhere now. So far I and my family is healthy. But my granddaughter is in Queensland, studying. Or should be. :( There are restrictions. y daughter and grandson are working in a city with ongoing infections. So, it is uncertain. :( Stay healthy!

Rhonda Albom said...

The unpacking should keep you from getting bored. Good luck in your new place and stay safe.

Amy said...

we got rid of loads of stuff before we moved so we've pretty much finished 90% of the unpacking, trying to get a job at my old work now.

Cobden Observation Post

  We've been living in Greymouth nearly 2 years now and we finally got to complete this walk to the Cobden WW2 Observation Post . It too...