Thursday 23 August 2018

Spring at Lake Omapere


Country life is when you can drive anywhere out of town and within minutes you're seeing farmland everywhere. We drove past Lake Omapere last weekend, sun was shining but it was a windy day. This lake caught our eye - wide at approx 5km in length but not very deep at only 2-3 metres. 


But Spring is now definitely here, a bit early as the first day is normally September 1st so there are plenty of flowering bulbs and other blooms making an appearance. In this photo Kaikohe is just north of here in the distance.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday.

13 comments:

William Kendall said...

A beautiful setting.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Comes a little odd hearing you say spring when we are coming into autumn

kwarkito said...

I would like to change hemisphere because I have more and more difficulty with the idea of autumn which comes by us, and the days which shorten terribly

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful shots, I love that you are entering spring just as us in the northern hemisphere are entering autumn.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

The first shot is so beautiful. I love the solitary flower under the old fence!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Lovely shots

Jim said...

Beautiful sky.
Sydney – City and Suburbs

Lady Fi said...

Lovely countryside!

Graham Edwards said...

Sigh!

Photo Cache said...

I like country life.

Worth a Thousand Words

Powell River Books said...

I always forget that the seasons are opposite. - Margy

Aditya Narayan Mohanty said...

Really good sky photography . Please tell something about my captures on my blog.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like that brave little daisy popping up early in the foreground of the Lake photo. You've moved to a beautiful scenic area and it will be wonderful to celebrate the new season there!!

Taramakau River

  Last week B and I drove out to Dillmanstown which is a former mining settlement out Kumara way, about 20 minutes drive from Greymouth. We ...