Monday 27 March 2017

A brief visit to Pukehina Beach


While out and about on Sunday we stopped into the small settlement of Pukehina Beach, about 30 minutes out of town.


Now that Summer is over and Autumn is on it's way things are starting to calm down, the crowds have gone back home and back to work.


The beach when we walked down to it from the car park and surf club was very isolated and bare, about the only things we saw were loads of Oyster Catchers and Seagulls so not alot going on, very quiet.

Linking up with Our World Tuesday, Outdoors Wednesday and Wednesday around the world :-)

14 comments:

Rhonda Albom said...

I almost moved to this area about 13 years ago. It is lovely and, as you said, isolated and quiet.

Andy said...

Lonely but beautiful scenery.

Fun60 said...

Perfect beach for walking undisturbed.

Amy said...

it reminds me of where I use to live before it took off, Mangawhai Heads was very isolated and quiet too.

Wayne said...

I think that is the best time of the year to visit the beach, very quiet.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful place and wonderful photography ~ so inviting ~ thanks,

Wishing you a fun week ~ thanks ~ ^_^

Graham Edwards said...

Interesting. I've been through Pukehina many times on the way to and from Whakatane but never seen the beach.

Photo Cache said...

What a beautiful place to chill. I bet its always crowded too.

Worth a Thousand Words

Ruth said...

Like the rawness of this place. Sometimes, I prefer undeveloped beaches. I can walk and explore while listening to the waves and birds.

Pieni Lintu said...

Beautiful place :)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love the beach in autumn (and spring, summer, and winter). I

Light and Voices said...

I even go to the beach in the winter time. I love it so much. (Beach at Lake Michigan). Wonderful captures of this isolated beach now that it is fall there where you are. We are hoping Spring will come. ROFL....

Molly said...

It looks fabulously wild

mollyx

Photo(Geo)grapher said...

Trully beautiful place and photo too

Cobden Observation Post

  We've been living in Greymouth nearly 2 years now and we finally got to complete this walk to the Cobden WW2 Observation Post . It too...