Thursday 5 July 2018

Winter skies in Paeroa


Night skies in Paeroa - (pronounced pie-rower) with petrol station to the right. 
Winter 2016

So I'm down with the flu...again! Must be the 4th time in the last few months - the joys of working with the public I guess. And after having my annual checkup at the doctor's last week I was pleased to hear that my blood pressure has gone down since last time I was there, I think it's the fact that I've lost weight that's helped but the doctor did say that going through the dreaded menopause (like I have been for the last 2 years) can slow your metabolism down to almost nothing so it explains probably why I'm so tired alot of the time. I think if it wasn't for the daily vitamins and supplements I take I'd be more worse for the wear.

I did get a chance to try some new chocolate bars by Cadbury - they've put out a larger bar of Picnic, a larger bar of Moro and a larger bar of Moro Gold, not sure what I think of them, they seem a bit rich and overly sweet so think I will stick with my favourites. Anyway...4 working days till I finish work - yay!

Linking up with Skywatch Friday.

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shot!

Cadbury doesn't put out those bars here.

Amy said...

you're probably fortunate in that respect lol they're a bit overly sweet

Susan Heather said...

Hoope you feel better for the move. You look far too young for the menopause.

Amy said...

lol thanks Susan, I'm 47 now.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty colorful sky! I think the Cadbury bars are sold here too, I have to try one. I hope you feel better now. Thanks for the visit. Enjoy your day and weekend!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh how horrible Amy, you really have had a bad run with the flu. Everything you described there sounds so familiar, I can't believe how hard it is to lose 10 kgs.. if you find a way let me know ☺ btw, gorgeous sunset!

Sharon said...

Oh dear, I do hope you feel better soon. That's way to often to have the flu. I just got over a cold and it's the second this year. I used to be able to go two years without getting a cold.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Gorgeous color

Bill said...

What a lovely sunset you captured. Hope you're feeling better, that is not a nice feeling being sick.

Jim said...

Good shot.

Andrea said...

Oh take care, sleep well and get much rest and exercise not work and thinking! Those skies i've seen also in Auckland. But your header of mountains full of thick snow i want to see in the future, as i've only seen a few snowcaps on the way to Milford Sound.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Very pretty shot. Sorry to hear about the flu (again!). Perhaps the only upside is you are likely building up a very strong immune system, and future years will be kinder to you!

Graham Edwards said...

I seem to recall that Paeroa is a rather forgettable place that I used to pass through on the way to Thames. The name is very familiar but I can't recall a single landmark. Perhaps I never stopped there.

Amy said...

The only thing it has there that is some sort of landmark is the lemon and paeroa bottle, seen in one of my previous posts but apart from that it's very much blink and you miss it.

Graham Edwards said...

Thanks for confirming that Amy. I must have blinked.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

When I was at your stage of life I called chocolate my Vitamin C.... it was a necessity of life. And honestly i think there has been research showing it to be beneficial. I certainly recommend it. (Now I can do without it but still enjoy occasionally!). Hope you feel better by now since I am late reading; still catching up after being gone.

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...