Monday 23 July 2018

Tauranga Festival of Lights


Before we left Tauranga I made sure to visit the Festival of Lights which was happening along the waterfront from the 11th to 16th July. The teens and the other half standing in front of the Matariki Display.


This is usually a display of different types of plants - at the moment it looks like there are some Calendula and other shrubs shaped and lit up like a boat.


These palms are lit up from the base near the railway tracks.


And this playground area for the kids were lit up almost like a space rocket.


This was my favourite - two people dressed up as cats - so futuristic!


The last one was different trees were wrapped with different likes of lights. I think for us we wanted to see more so it seemed like there wasn't enough. Good to experience though.

Linking up with Our World Tuesday.

15 comments:

local alien said...

Wow, I've never heard of that festival. Fantastic . I'm glad nzers are embracing their native side

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That is beautiful. I love the two people with the lighted masks.

Susan Heather said...

I didn't know that Tauranga had a festival of lights - love the two "cats".

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful Amy -- I'm glad you took time to visit the festival before you left. I first learned about it on a blog from India -- did not realize (but should have) that it was celebrated elsewhere. Wonderful.

Sharon said...

That looks like so much fun! I love those cat-people.

William Kendall said...

The cat-people are quite a show stopper!

Bill said...

What a great festival to attend. I love the cat people, they're cool.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I love light displays and this one is lovely!

Andrea said...

They are lovely, but i prefer the nature parks!

Lady Fi said...

What a fun festival.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Super shots of the Light Festival Amy, you just reminded me that I haven't been into the city at night to see our festival lights ✨

Photo Cache said...

That is one cool festival!

Worth a Thousand Words

Graham Edwards said...

Definitely the cat people for my vote.

Fun60 said...

Very colourful but those cat people take the gold medal.

Rhonda Albom said...

Light festivals have become very popular over the last several years. I like these smaller ones that are more community orientated.

Cobden Observation Post

  We've been living in Greymouth nearly 2 years now and we finally got to complete this walk to the Cobden WW2 Observation Post . It too...