Tuesday 22 August 2017

Early morning surf casting...


This morning instead of walking my usual route to the left of where we live I walked to the right along the opposite end of the beach, just in time to snap a photo of this guy surf casting, I could see as I got up close that he had at least 3 fish on the sand next to him that kind of looked like Kahawai which are perfect for smoking and cooking in a pie.

I'm envious of him as they are delicious to eat. Linking up with Our World Tuesday :-)

9 comments:

William Kendall said...

It looks like a good day to be walking by the water.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh looks so serene ~ lovely shot ~ ^_^

Andy said...

This is one fantastic photo. Especially when viewed at full size... wonderful detals

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Great day to stand in fish

Fun60 said...

Beautiful photo.

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shot.

Graham Edwards said...

40 years ago I used to go surf casting here on Lewis but I haven't seen anyone doing it for years. I must make some enquiries. Fishing from the rocky coastline is generally more popular here (but then we have a lot of rocky coastline).

Betsy said...

How peaceful and such beauty

Blogoratti said...

Beautiful and timely shot. Greetings!

Cobden Observation Post

  We've been living in Greymouth nearly 2 years now and we finally got to complete this walk to the Cobden WW2 Observation Post . It too...