Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year for 2017


For us here in NZ, new year's eve happened last night. It was fairly quiet, some of the roads around here get closed in preparation for the influx of visiting into the city from different parts of the region. About all we hard was a few fireworks go off and a few voices partying but apart from that by the time we'd had enough just after midnight there wasn't alot happening.


We've been spending our time off going for daily walks along the beach. This set up near the main restaurant/apartment area is for people wanting to sort of bungy jump - something I've never done myself, mostly because I'm scared of heights. This is only a small one so there were mostly children and teenagers having fun with it.



Something that washes up at this time of year are jellyfish - these ones are purple and named Lions Mane. Apparently they have been known to sting although I don't know how severe the stings are.

Anyway I wish you a happy new year for 2017 and hope your night goes smoothly too :-)

9 comments:

  1. Happy new year. Looking forward to reading more about this part of the country in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty tame around here as well, I didn't hear the usual fireworks. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noisy and lots of firework displays which I could see from the bedroom window. I'm with you as regards bung jumping. Happy New Year and I hope 2017 is a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to a healthy and productive 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics :)
    Happy New Year 2017

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos for a new year. Let the pohutukawas bloom - summer is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Upon seeing your thumbnail i immediately know this post is from NZ as i remember that Christmas tree, pohutukawa. I love them the first time i saw them in my first visit in 2014.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...