Wednesday 22 June 2016

The old Paparoa post office guest house




A couple of years ago while driving around Paparoa in Northland with Liz over at Mad Bush Farm we stopped at the old Paparoa post office guest house, quite an old building in those parts.  According to the information on their website the building is made of Kauri and has been in Paparoa since 1903. The historical Paparoa Cemetery is just up the road, Pahi and Whakapirau beach are also nearby as are some local cafes and the Cruiser Bar and Grill plus Sahara Restaurant are virtually around the corner.

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a cute place. I like the blue color, it is beachy looking.. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Pauline said...

I'm showing my age now, Amy, but I can remember when that was my local post office. in the mid 70s and 80s I lived quite close to Paparoa and I remember my shock when I returned after years away and discovered I could get a cup of coffee in town. I knew then times had changed!

Rhonda Albom said...

What a neat little find. Cool photo too.

Amy said...

hi Eileen, believe it or not this property isn't near the beach, the nearest ones are about 15 minutes away but yes I like the blue colour too - so cheery :-)

Amy said...

really? Thats very cool information Pauline :-)

Wayne said...

A very welcoming and cozy looking place.

Pavement

  A neat and tidy pavement lined alleyway/shopping area in Paihia. Linking up with  Weekend Reflections   and the  Weekend Roundup .