Saturday 30 May 2015

Reflections from the Mauao walking track - Mount Maunganui


Last week, on one of my days getting out of the house I took a walk which was suggested by my lovely other half which was to complete a track around the base of Mount Maunganui. Remember my other post about climbing to the top of the mountain? Well this is the same place but around the bottom.

The photo, above is one of the shots I captured while about 3/4 of the way around - if there's something I like it's seeing the reflection of the sun on the water, just another reminder of how lovely the world is that we live in.

For more weekend reflections click here :-)

10 comments:

NatureFootstep said...

a fine waterscape with glittering waters :)

Pauline said...

Love the shimmering water. No doubt you really enjoyed that walk.

Rhonda Albom said...

Beautiful shot. Good choice to do it in black and white.

Nefertiti said...

superbe endroit !

Al said...

That is beautiful, and not something I see since I live in the middle of a continent!

Laura said...

beautiful composition Amy.

Molly said...

Lovely silhouette

Mollyxxx

Wayne said...

That's a very nice monochrome, the silhouette of the tree is very interesting.

Noel Morata said...

Wonderful black and white capture - I love the reflections - Please do come and visit and link it up for today's Travel Photo Mondays - the post will be up all week so I hope you can join us too!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

SucH a great walk that was! I'm always surprised when black and white photos are as lovely as this!

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...