Thursday, January 8, 2015

In the midst of paradise - something quiet and peaceful...


This is what happens when my daughter and I take an impromptu drive to one part of our local estuary here in Mangawhai late at night. Quiet peaceful evening watching kayakers row across the water to the opposite sand dunes, no waves just tide lapping at the sand.


Amazing view of pink skies and some of the houses situated next to the water. Must be so cool waking up that that scenery every day.


My daughter waited in the car while I ventured out through the reeds to the edge of the water to take this shot of a dingy moored on the shore. This is what we see here in Mangawhai...

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Amy, that is stunning! I can't get over the fact that you can just drive to a place like that. I must get to NZ someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Amy, you're welcome to come down here anytime :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh I would love this very much, your photos are spectacular. The scenery is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Denise, have a good day :-)

      Delete
  3. Stunning shots. I love the colors and scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great place - and good to see people looking after the terns!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...