Monday, December 8, 2014

Why Christmas in New Zealand is special!


Christmas means summer and what better than to see some of the amazing skies and sunsets we get here.


Lighs go up on houses - these ones are hanging on the deck at home outside our lounge so we can see them through the window.


New Zealand's Christmas tree - the Pohutukawa with its vibrant red flowers. We've had a very drizzly day here today and I spied this one covered in raindrops.

what's so special about your part of the world?

8 comments:

  1. LOVE that sunset and the Pohutukawa :)

    neat lights do they cost much to run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so Jen, I haven't noticed my power bill getting any higher.

      Delete
  2. It's hard for me to imagine having Christmas where it's warm. But I'm sure it's all in where you were raised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and yet I can't imagine Christmas in the winter but we dont get snow and I wish we did in the winter, it would be beautiful :-)

      Delete
  3. The sunset is gorgeous, the lights are so pretty and that is a gorgeous tree. The tiny droplets look like jewels, nature's own decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow, wow, Amy! This is why I love following blogs from all over the world! Christmas means summer - now that's very different than what we get here in the northeastern US. The Pohutukawa tree is magnificent - especially with the raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you like the photos Amy, I'll be sharing more over summer :-)

      Delete
  5. Here's that wonderful flower again! Perfect symbol of your summertime Christmas. Thank you for sending me your blog link. Happy to find you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...