Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday around the world - Time for some colour!


So you know what it's like when you're at the end of winter and you've had enough of dreary wet damp days? yep me too! Normally I love winter, it's a great time to get cosy, snuggle up and watch winter sports on tv. Now I'm sort of over it. These are some of the things I'm looking foward to for Spring and Summer...flowers - lots of them! Roses, above were in bouquets for sale at Matakana Markets.


Hydrangeas - above - photo captured in a friend's garden. These ones are a green/yellow but most varieties we get here are blue or pink.



Red Pohutukawa flowers - NZ's Christmas tree - these come out every summer around November/December. They grow mostly around beaches and sandy areas - perfect coastal plants.


Purple Gazania daisies growing all over the sand at some of the local beaches. These ones love life by the surf! While I"m at it a good friend of mine Jen has started up a blog called Napier Daily Photo - she also lives in NZ but a different part, further down south in a lovely vintage art deco city so do try to check her out :-)

What sort of things are you looking forward to in your coming seasons?

12 comments:

  1. I am sorry to say I'm not looking forward to much about the changing season other than that it brings me closer to seeing family. When it gets warmer (summer) I will look forward to living in air conditioning. I do look forward to the trees near my house flowering and bring the birds over the next month. In the last few days spring has sprung here and the sun certainly has some bite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going into Autumn right? I love Autumn - my favourite season. hope you take lots of photos :-)

      Delete
  2. Great photos, I am looking forward to more flowers soon. I love the colour of the Gazania daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thank you :)

    LOVE those roses :)

    As you know I cant wait for Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes of course - colour is what we need most! Colour up your life - just put a banana skin on top of your head... ;-)
    Thanks for sharing your beauti- & colourful flowers, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful flowers Amy. love the red ones, can't spell it without going back to look at it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Felicia, here's how you pronouce it: poe-hoo-toe-ka-wah hope that helps :-)

      Delete
  6. Spring is one of those funny seasons isn't it? One day it's scorching, the next it is quite chilly and/or pouring down again. But I love going out in summery clothes and soaking in that vitamin D in spring :) Everything seems so much happier in Spring/Summer, it's always a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NZ is four season in one day isn't it?

      Delete
  7. THe NZ Christmas tree flowers are so interesting! Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, we call them xmas flowers cos they only come out in Summer when it's xmas :-)
      They're a festive red colour.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...