Thursday, September 11, 2014

The magic of Langs Beach and other oddities


We just love this place! Langs Beach is a small calm beach located about 15 mins drive from where we live. It's stunning and is surrounding by golden sand, Pohutukawa trees and some pretty flash holiday homes.  A couple of years ago I went surf casting there and didn't catch anything but it was so quiet and peaceful that it was nice just to bask in the serene evening.

As for oddities this week it's been absolutely crazy. It's just been one thing after another culiminating in a few big bad dramas. Apparently there's been a supermoon here - what is it about moons that drives people bonkers? Let's just say that I've seen true colours of a few people that I thought were genuine and honest, one that was especially close to me who's really let me down bit time - been very disappointing really. This is one of those times where I've really felt like leaving the planet and was hoping for a positive week.

How has your week been so far?

10 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful Amy! I love the picture you use as a header, too.

    -Amy Proctor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks amy, the header image is of our local surf beach :-)

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Langs beach, but I've heard it's really good. I love Te Arai, it's so big and gets super crowded in summer, but last Christmas day we went out there and it was lovely. We were only some of few who were there. I'm not too keen on beaches for the water, but the smell! Hope your week has gotten better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey kayger, Langs beach is nice but Te arai is way better because it's more rugged, Langs is a bit more calmer. My 2 teenagers live waves :-)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lovely beach... so wonderful it's only 15 minutes away! Love seeing the beautiful landscape of New Zealand through your photos, hope to make it there one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you should come over sometime, you would love it :-)

      Delete
  4. The beach is perfect (small and quiet is my kind of beach). (We are a lot more likely to find that kind in the Pacific NW than we are in Florida, where by and large they are too full of people. Makes me sound like a hermit, which really I'm not, but beaches should be quiet reflective places, not carnivals). Our old friends from Oregon always picture us in Florida spending all our time at the beach, which we don't because of that.

    Anyway -- your picture, your beach is perfect, and I am sorry that "your" people are not. That happens. I hope things improve in that line (maybe they should head to the beach for a little reflection!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Sallie, thanks for your comment. yes I agree with you about the beach being quiet. The surf beach here gets real busy in the summer but the one I've blogged about doesn't. Thanks for your kind words though :-)

      Delete
  5. Great photo! You have wonderful pics on your blog. I love that kind of beach. We found some in Australia. I've not been to NZ.
    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great beach image. keep encouraged it will get better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...