Monday, August 25, 2014

Cafe Utopia and Coffee Art


Recently I enjoyed coffee and a chat with a good friend in another town called Kaiwaka which is about 15 minutes away from where I live. While there I happened to spot the unusual and iconic Café Utopia across the road which use to be a busy hive of activity and was well known for good service, good food and good coffee.

Unfortunately for quite some time now it's been in the process of being renovated so not quite sure what's going on but I like the quirkiness of it - there's nothing else out this way quite like it. I hope they are back in business by Summer...


And this morning the boss shouted us all coffees which was lovely from our local Peppers Cafe in Wellsford next door to work. I normally don't work Mondays but today was rather busy so I got called in. It's all good though, extra hours always help.

Hope you've had a good Monday too :-)

9 comments:

  1. Plans for it to reopen in December apparently. It's stunning inside too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been inside yet but it reopens I'll go in and take some photos :-)

      Delete
  2. I've never actually been there....it IS interesting though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mikayla, yes now I've figured out who you are, wish you had said something when you came into visit us :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. don't know about great but it's very unusual I think, sort of odd and I like anything that's odd :-)

      Delete
  4. Very quirky place indeed, we visited several times over the years. Always fun, plenty of reading material, decent food. We also like the cheese shop next door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Paul, yes it is very quirky, but i love the kaiwaka cheese shop next door, they have some lovely cheeses :-)

      Delete
  5. what an interesting cafe hope they open again soon
    bless your boss :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...